The TARS Conference was born out of the need of Romanian researchers to assess and promote the economic scientific research portfolio on tourism, to argue and substantiate its Romanian development strategies, and to provide European and international best practices.
The first edition of TARS, originally entitled Turismul rural românesc (Romanian Rural Tourism), took place in 1999. The founder of the conference was „Gh. Zane” Institute for Economic and Social Research.
The 2022 Edition will explore some of the main concerns of both theorists and practitioners on the following topics: rural tourism, agritourism, ecotourism; tourism in the context of sustainable development at national, regional, and global level; traditionalism vs modernism in tourism; national and regional strategies for rural tourism development; tourism management and marketing; e-tourism; etc.
The TARS Conference traditionally approaches the tourism phenomenon from a multidisciplinary perspective: economics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, ethnography, folklore, law, etc.
- Abstract submission: 25 February
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 28 February
- Submission of full paper due for review: 31 March
- Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes): 30 April
- Final paper due (with any changes): 30 April
- Presenting author registration: 10 May
- The best articles in English will be published in the Journal of Tourism and Rural Space – JTARS.
- The articles not selected for the JTARS and the articles in Romanian will be published in the conference volume, Romanian Rural Tourism in International Context: Present and Prospects, with ISBN.
- No participation fee.
- No publication fee for the articles presented online at the conference.
- The articles not presented at the conference shall not be published.
- The articles will be published in either English or Romanian.
- The articles in Romanian will be included in the conference volume, Romanian Rural Tourism in International Context: Present and Prospects, with ISBN.
- The abstracts (max. 250 words), manuscripts and PPTs will be submitted through Submission form or sent to either of the following e-mail addresses:
Venue & Accommodation
- Usually, the conference takes place at the Centre of Mountain Economy – CE-MONT in Vatra Dornei.
- For the onsite editions, the Centre of Training and Innovation for Development in the Carpathians – CEFIDEC can provide free accommodation for up to 50 people (in the order of requests).
- On request, payable rooms can be booked at several guesthouses not far from CE-MONT.
- Because of the pandemic, TARS 2022 will take place ONLINE.